15 July 2014

Conclusion

I find it funny that in class we have learned that all Central Eastern European countries have their own identity, culture, and even ethnicity. Regardless of their past, one of the reasons why all of these countries have chosen to separate is because they have such different cultures and ways of life. However, when I go out to eat, I find it very easy to compare Bratislava and Brno and Viennese cuisine.
In general, the cuisines of all these regions are consist of a large amount of meat, carbohydrates, and fats. Vegetables are limited, as are vegan and vegetarian dishes. Furthermore, people love drinking beer and fruit infused water.
I still do not understand why there are so little veggies here, however I do think that the overabundance of meat could be related to over compensation for the poverty these countries experienced in the early 1900's. Also, it is a bit far fetched, but maybe Central Europeans think that eating a diet rich in meat protein is good for you. Or maybe its an Adkins's diet kind of thing. 
All in all, I found Central European cuisine to be h
eavy, tasty, and filled with comfort and happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment